Sunday, July 19, 2026

Windy, Partly Cloudy, And Cooler


6:22

7:58

It's 8:44, and I've been up since 6:20. I was out on the lake by 6:40 for an hour on a decent morning; the air quality index was moderate, 77, much better than the previous day's 500 and 370. Because of the wind, I only went as far as Wells Bay and was rewarded with great shots of both a mature and a juvenile eagle.

Kayak Morning

Bald Eagle


Juvenile Eagle

Same Guy

Saturday was marred by high air quality at times, especially in the morning, so I only stayed out on the lake for half an hour. As the day progressed, it got better and better, reaching 41 late afternoon. After my paddle, writing the blog, and breakfast, my neighbor Jim came over and helped me put a roof rack on my Kia. Without him, I'd still be trying to figure out how to attach it — it took us at least half an hour to work out the complicated attachment system. By 10:30, we were done, and Evie had finished gathering the trash for me, so I drove off to the Transfer Station around 11:00, then into Lakewood to pick up my bike, which was getting a tune-up. That was it for me for the day.

While I was out dropping off the trash and picking up my bike, Evie made a pot of Indian cauliflower and potato soup, another one of our favorites. So I had that for lunch along with a toasted cheese sandwich topped with jam, and I was happy. I watched my show until 1:30, then went upstairs to read and hopefully nap. 

Darkening Sky

Storm Clouds Gather

Because of the air quality, we both stayed inside with the windows shut and the air conditioner on until 4:15, when a storm moved in, pelting the lake and yard, then settling into gradual light rain for at least half an hour. The rain brought a much-needed half-inch for the flowers, bushes, and trees. While it rained, I sat out on the front porch and enjoyed watching it storm, since we hadn't had one in quite a while, and it caused little damage in our area.

Wow

Storming

Heavy Winds And Rain

By 6:00, we were both showered and ready to go out to eat at the Rod and Gun Club in Lakewood. We picked up our neighbors, Jim and Barb, drove to the club, parked in a very crowded lot, and found a table in the bar while we waited to be called into the dining room for dinner. So we sat around for 15 minutes, enjoying beers and pretzel bits in a very noisy bar. 

Dining Out At The Lakewood Rod And Gun Club

We welcomed sitting down in the dining room, since it was much quieter. We ordered more beers, and after perusing the menu, Evie ordered prime rib, I had a steak, and Barb and Jim got a fish and shrimp dish. It was fun talking with them as usual, and we all enjoyed our meals, though Evie could only eat half her prime rib, so we took it home. We dropped Jim and Barb off at 9:00, and Evie got ready for bed. I watched a couple of episodes of Dark Winds before heading up to bed and reading some.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...