Monday, July 27, 2026

Early Morning With The Boys

The Boys

6:15

6:37


Grant In The Morning

It's 6:54 and I have been up since 7:00. I actually beat my brother-in-law, Drew up and made the coffee before going down to the beach to take a photo. Grant, Marlea's good friend, was down there since 5:00 enjoying the early morning sky. It's a good morning already because I got to hold my great-grandson Tommy for a bit. 

The Queen Of The Beach

Grant And Marlena

Marlena

Tommy 

Tom And Rhys

We couldn't have asked for a nicer day than yesterday. From the moment I woke, we had sun and blue skies.  We were out on the beach, canopy set up and chairs up since 9:30 and we came and went the rest of the morning. Either sunning, swimming, body surfing or playing with Rhys, who loves the water, or Tommy. What a great way to spend the morning. Breakfast was bagels, yogurt and granola, whatever we could find. 

Sand Pipers

Zeus And Grandson

Playing At Water's Edge With Rhys

Kicking Back

Vacation Time

For lunch, we made sandwiches, easy and tasty, along with chips. By 1:30, we had a grocery list done so Evie, Nick and I went to Food Lion, about a ten-minute drive across the bridge to the mainland. It was the wrong time to shop because everyone else had the same idea, but we managed between the three of us to find everything we needed. We were home by 2:00, and I napped till 3:00 while everyone else was on the beach or relaxing on the porch. Cocktail hour started around 4:30, although we had been enjoying libations on the beach all afternoon. Drew and I took down the canopy and washed all the sand off the chairs before joining everyone in the house. Beth's son Tyler and girlfriend Renee were arriving from Atlanta early evening so we weren't sure whether to wait dinner for them or not. Finally, we decided to eat so Tom and Drew grilled some chicken and hot dogs. I cut up the chicken thighs, and Jill got out the condiments for making pita sandwiches, starting with tzatziki sauce and veggies. Yum.

What A Great Beach Day

Boys In Their Private Pool

Granny And Hayden

Finally, I Am In A Photo

Tyler and Renee arrived at 7:45 to great fanfare; Renee had just returned from spending three weeks with her parents in Beijing. Beth made them ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner, and we sat out on the front porch while they ate, as Renee filled us in on her stay. They both live in Atlanta, where Tyler is working on his PHD and Renee is finishing up her Residency in Neurology. Most of the adults were in bed by 10:00, leaving the porch to the grandchildren. I joined them at 9:45.

Grant And The Girlies

Evie, Jill And Beth

Tyler And Renee Arrive

Dusk

8:40

What a great first day at Topsail Beach.  

9:15


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...