Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Picking up Halle at Black Forest, Margaritas and fresh Tortillas

Wednesday, May 5th, Colorado Springs
Up early, as usual, though I was up at 4:30 and Evie had a really bad night as well. I am not sure why I am getting up so early, but at least I can take a nap if I like. We went and picked Halle up from her Black Forest School, and ended up going to the Black Forest Coffee shop. Halle got hot chocolate, while Evie and I split a black bean and vegetable soon which was wonderful, as was the cheese roll which was included. We ended up going into a small jewelery store next to the coffee shop and ended up buying a turquoise pottery tray for 50 bucks. It was fun for Halle and she and Evie worked with word tiles.
We did little during the afternoon, though I went out to get the car gassed and buy some groceries for our trip. Madison and Taylor came over for the afternoon and the girls played together in the playroom for most of the afternoon. We ended up having margaritas and carnitas for dinner, as Jill went off and got fresh tortillas. It made a great difference, as we stuffed them full of cabbage, avocados, meat and salsa. Drew got home fairly late, just in time for a margarita. Stacy stopped by about 5:30 and had a margarita, as Evie took all the kids outside and played Mother May I, as well as other games. We did not get finished with dinner until 8:00, though Hayden did not have school the next day. I told both girls a bad boy story, and they went to bed right away. Both Evie and I were really tired, from packing and getting up early, so we went to bed before 10:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...