.jpeg) |
| Rhys Is Happy To See Tommy |
 |
| 6:45 |
 |
| 7:27 |
 |
| 8:35 |
It's 6:20, and I've been up since 2:30. Yep, 2:30. According to my watch, I got three and a half hours of sleep. I'm not sure why I couldn't get back to sleep. Perhaps it was the drugs from yesterday's procedure, or I was overtired from getting up so early on Friday morning. Anyway, it's going to be a long, tiring day. It looks like a fine morning for a paddle, but I'm not sure I have the mojo to get out there. Well, I did kayak, leaving around 8:00 for 50 minutes on a glorious morning, with brilliant sun and blue skies. I love it.
 |
| Great Blue Heron |
 |
| In The Reeds |
 |
| Kayak Morning |
 |
| Paddling Into The Sun |
Yesterday wasn't much better. I got up at 5:15, had a procedure at UPMC in Jamestown at 9:00, and we got home around 11:00. We were both tired and hungry from the early start, so Evie made us breakfast: eggs and bagels. By 1:00, I was wiped out and went upstairs for a really good nap, maybe an hour and a half or more. When I came downstairs, FedEx had just delivered two Apple packages. We knew something was coming, and we were excited when we realized that Tom had sent both of us the new Apple Watches. We had talked about the newest model because Tom had just gotten one and loved its new features. We quickly opened the always amazing Apple packaging and began syncing our old watches and iPhones with the new ones. We're luddites at this sort of thing, but after an hour and many wrong turns, we had both watches up and running. Now we'll spend the next couple of days learning all the new features.
Neither of us did much during the day, putting things off until today. About the only things I did were charge the car and read my new novel. We did relax with a glass of wine from 5:00 to 6:30. Then Evie made us sandwiches with chicken tenders, tomatoes, lettuce, and mayo. Easy and delicious. We watched some TV, but both of us were having trouble staying awake. Evie went up to bed around 7:30, and I forced myself to stay up watching TV until 9:15, when I, too, went up to bed.
I don’t sleep well at night either. But I nap for 3 hours during the day, which is a bad habit . If I quit that , I would probably sleep better at night. Got my nights and days turned around !
ReplyDelete