Friday, May 18, 2012

Sunny and Clear and Warm

6:20

Fog Rising Over Lake
Up at 6:20 to a brilliant sun, blinding, as I came downstairs.  Forty five degrees, with a warm and sunny weekend ahead, temperatures getting in to the eighties on Saturday or Sunday, alas.  We liked yesterday, where the highs were in the sixties, like it should be this time of the year.

I went to yoga yesterday, as I only have a week left and I don't think I will go this summer, just an occasional stop.  I picked up a few things at the hardware store, stopped at Ryder's Cup while Evie stayed home because she wanted to work in the yard, weeding mostly, the side beds.

The rest of the day we spent outside, either working in the yard, sitting on the dock, braving the winds and trying to read, or enjoying the cool air.  We wanted to sit on the dock for our sundowners, but it was too cold.  When the sun drops behind our trees, the temperature on the dock drops appreciably.  So, we sat in the side yard, enjoying a  beer, some pistachios, as the long sun filled day waned.

More spaghetti for dinner, with a salad and garlic bread, and I made the mistake of watching the film based on a book I really liked called ONE DAY.  I knew it would probably be terrible but I was curious about how the film maker could ruin a delightful book.  They tried to stuff everything from the book into the film, which gave the viewer little time to get interested in the characters.  It all seemed rushed, silly, and stupid.  I kept watching, just to see how bad it could really get until I could stand it no longer and we turned on American Idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...