Thursday, September 17, 2026

Hundreds Shades Of Gray

Ready For Kindergarten

6:24

7:44

It's 9:05, and I just returned from breakfast in Ashville. Both Elaine and I were up at 6:15 and out on the lake at 6:50 for 35 minutes. It was a gray but spectacular morning, a calm lake and just the two of us. 

Kayak Morning

A Morning Paddle

Shades Of Gray

Great Blue Heron

Crows And Heron


I was able to kayak on Tuesday despite the early rain. I got out just as the rain stopped around 8:00 and was out for 50 minutes, then wrote the blog and had breakfast. I had my semiannual appointment with my dermatologist at 9:40, so I had time to kayak, write the blog, and have breakfast beforehand. My PA froze a couple of spots and took a biopsy of a spot on my chest, and I was out of there.

On the way home, I stopped at Aldi and picked up a couple of things for tomorrow's dinner, since I promised Evie I'd take care of dinner. When I got home, Evie and Elaine were playing Scrabble, and for some reason I was tired, so I went upstairs and read on my bed until lunch. We had the leftover Asian soup for lunch — really enjoyed it and will make it again.

After lunch I read and tried to nap, and by 2:10 Elaine and I were driving over to Bemus to park at the end of Lakeside Drive and hike Long Point State Park. Temperatures were in the 70s, but it was humid, and we both worked up a sweat walking a couple of miles.

Long Point Trail

A Humid Afternoon For A Hike

Porching It

We relaxed the rest of the afternoon, but since we were leaving at 5:30 for dinner at The Viking Club, all three of us took showers before driving over. We were there by 6:00, easily found a table inside, and ordered beers. Just as our beers arrived, our friends Linda and Ron walked in, so we talked with them. Not much later our neighbors Jim and Barb walked in, having boated over with other neighbors, Newt and Elizabeth — so it turned into a Woodlawn evening at the Viking. We ordered two orders of wings and a veggie pizza on a cauliflower crust, which was too much. Both were good, but we ended up taking close to ten wings and half a pizza home.

Sunset At The Viking Club

Before leaving, we walked the grounds, showing off the outdoor seating, the pavilions, the playgrounds for the kids, and the sand beach. It's probably the best location on the lake, and certainly the one with the most frontage. We were home around 8:15 and sat around talking in the living room until 9:00, when Evie and Elaine went up to bed and I watched some TV until 10:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment