Monday, August 31, 2026

Early Morning Rain


6:04

6:29

7:59

It's 6:30, and I have been up since 6:00, listening to the rain. The rain is supposed to let up soon, then start again later, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get in a paddle. It looks like we've received a half inch of rain so far, with more to come.

It's 8:10, and I just returned from a forty-minute paddle, occasionally in the rain.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Some Light

More Clouds

Sunday began as usual: with a good, long paddle and a few photos of birds. Evie was up when I returned around 8:15, and I wrote the blog; Evie picked out photos before we published it. After breakfast, I got a few things done, cleaning both porches and spraying for spiders. Once I was done, I decided to go for a bike ride. If I could get into the Chautauqua Institution, I would ride there, but the gates were still closed, so I decided to drive to Mayville and park. I rode two sections of Webb's Trail, through the woods, a three-mile round trip. I then rode Sea Lion Drive to the end and back, and was out for 50 minutes, the last 20 minutes in drizzle.

Webb's Trail

When I returned home, I was ready to take it easy and join Evie in the living room, where she was relaxing after being busy in the morning. Around 12:45, I had another quarter of my sub from Wegmans and some corn chowder and watched Goliath. By 1:30, I was ready to start my new book, Heather, another detective thriller. I was able to take a brief nap, then came downstairs and did some work in the yard — weed whacking various beds, things like that.

By 5:00, the lake had quieted down, and I had a glass of wine; Evie was still feeling a bit off and decided to skip wine. For dinner, we had soup and sandwiches, easy and good, and watched a couple more episodes of ER. When Evie was ready for bed, I watched a couple more episodes of Goliath before going up to read and sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment