Monday, August 10, 2026

A Four Great Blue Heron Morning

Evie And Her Sister Elaine's Husband Jim

6:10

8:35

Well, it's almost 9:00, and I was up at 6:00, on the lake by 6:15 for close to an hour, and have been sitting on the porch with my brother-in-law, Jim, since I finished kayaking. He arrived last night and is off to camp in the Allegheny Forest for a week, ending with a family get-together at the Bee Hunter Pavilion. 

Kayak Morning

Sun Rising

Northern Gray

Sun Rising Above The Reeds

Heron Along Long Point

On Jim And Tina's Dock

Sandy Bottom

Victoria

Sunday was another fine day, lots of sun, not too hot, and nothing that we had to do although we knew my Jim would be arriving sometime in the afternoon. So I got in my paddle early, like today, on an almost empty lake. After my paddle, I was tempted to do something, either go to Wegmans or bike, but thought better of it and stayed home and got a few things done. For example, getting a bedroom ready for Jim, putting in an air conditioner in case he needed it. After getting things ready, I read much of the morning until 1:00, when I had breakfast or lunch, kuru fasulye and rice again, and watched my show. 

Bald Eaagle

By 1:30, I was upstairs reading and fell asleep for a good half hour, which I needed. Around 3:00, Jim arrived, and we sat around talking for an hour before deciding to go for a boat ride over to Bemus and back along the Lakeside Drive shore. It was windier than we thought, but we managed and even got a decent photo of an eagle in the trees next to the Long Point Marina. 

Dining Al  Fresco

We were home by 5:30 and sat on the front porch catching up on Jim's family, especially his two children, Kiana, who just graduated from Purdue, and Alex, a graduate of the University of Illinois. Around 6:30,  Evie went in and put together our dinner: eggplant and mushroom pasta and a salad. It was nice enough to eat outside in our side yard, making for a nice evening. We then took it easy, talking and reminiscing until it was time to go to bed, around 9:30, because the three of us were tired, Jim from his drive and us as usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment