 |
| Go Chiefs, Go Bills |
 |
| 6:47 |
It's 7:00, and I've been up since 6:20. The dark sky has turned gray, with not a hint of sun at the moment, and a 6-mph wind from the north might make my paddle back more difficult if it picks up. I'm getting tired of windy mornings. It's 8:25, and we're all up, watching Rhys play with his trucks. I was out for 50 minutes on a cloudy, gray morning. It didn't rain, and the northern wind was light enough that I had no trouble kayaking back to Woodlawn.
 |
| Kayak Morning |
 |
| Great Blue |
 |
| Eagle |
 |
| On Woodlawn Dock |
Yesterday was a full day, thanks to Rhys and the Bills and Chiefs game. It started with an early wake-up and a brief 15-minute paddle because of the wind. Once everyone was up, we decided on buttermilk pancakes, and Rhys helped Granny make the batter. We sat down and devoured them, and Rhys, of course, ate his share. We weren't sure what to do with the day, so I suggested driving to Lakewood, getting coffees at Ryder's Cup, and then taking Rhys to the playground just down the street. It's a great playground, with two levels, one for older kids and one for younger. Rhys loved it, and we stayed close to an hour before heading home.
 |
| Rhys And Tom and Hydrangeas |
 |
| Getting Coffee |
 |
| Walking Down To Playground |
 |
| The Great Grandparents |
The rest of the afternoon was organized around NFL football. The games started at 1:00, so Evie volunteered to stay home with Rhys while he napped. The three of us went over to 14 Main in Bemus, a sports bar with four games on various TVs: Bills, Steelers, Browns, and Chiefs. We wore our Chiefs shirts into the bar, but I wore my Bills hat, so we were welcomed. We ordered beer and lunch: soup, loaded fries, and a sausage sandwich for Tom. Fans sat around the TV of their favorite team. Most of the patrons were Bills fans, although there was a loud contingent of Steelers fans. Evie called just after halftime, so I went back and picked up her and Rhys and brought them to the bar. We sat around for another hour, ordering more beers, some onion rings, and chicken tenders. Rhys was happy to sit on Mary's lap for a good half hour before he and Evie played with the bowling machine. It was a good day for the fans, because all four teams with viewers won: Bills, Chiefs, Steelers, and Browns.
.jpeg) |
| Loving His Trucks |
 |
| Putting Together The Puzzle With Rhys |
After the game, we walked down to the Casino, which was closing for the season, and Mary and Evie took Rhys to the playground for a bit. We then headed home and relaxed from our afternoon of viewing with a glass of wine or beer. While we were at the game, Evie had put together eggplant sandwiches and had already made artichoke soup. That was our dinner, and it was just right after all we'd eaten during the game.
 |
| Our House At Night, Photo By Our Neighbor, Joe |
We kept Rhys up until 8:00 to keep him on schedule, and he went quickly to sleep. About 9:00 Evie and Mary then went up to bed, and Tom and I watched the first half of the Rams/Broncos game before joining them.
I’ve been hearing about the Nor-Easter . Glad you were spared . I guess it was mostly a coastal storm.
ReplyDelete