Sunday, June 10, 2012

One More Sunday in Darien

Ramiro and Mitchell


Beth and Marisa after dinner

It's overcast as I get up, about 70 degrees, though it is supposed to clear up later in the day, high around 80. another great day to be outside.  Rami and I were up early so we headed off to Upper Crust Bakery and Cafe in Darien for bagels and cream cheese.  The grandkids are still sleeping as I write, though Evie and Lettie, Rami's sister are up.  Lettie comes in from the city, with her two dogs, Greta and Bella, her babies, so it's a wild house with three dogs scrambling at your feet.

Lettie with Her Rescue dog, Greta
Yesterday morning early, Beth and I drove Tyler and his buddy to White Plains High School, where he was to take the ACT for the first time.  After we dropped them off, we stopped at Fairways, one of my favorite grocery stores, where we had an egg sandwich and coffee, picking up a few items, for me a couple of pounds of peaberry coffee, my new favorite.  We were back by 9:00 and then picked up Lettie and her two dogs from the train at 11:00.  Beth and Evie went shopping and Evie had good luck finding some clothes for a summer wedding.  We all headed to the Darien High auditorium at 1:30, for Marisa's recital.  I snuck out after Marisa's performanc, the rest stayed for another boring two hours from what I heard.  I had seen many of the dances at rehearsals, so I didn't mind missing them.  When they returned, Rami, Evie and I did a Costco run, picking up things for dinner.  Beth made her special vodka pasta, my favorite, and we had rib eyes, along mushrooms, corn and artichokes for an appetizer.  We had more than enough.  We topped it off with a Red Velvet cake from Costco, with a cream cheese frosting.  Despite being full, we managed to eat over half of it.

Auntie and Niece with Matching tennies
We were all tired, so we went to bed early.  I stayed up with Rami and watched the first three quarters of the Celtics/Heat game, but went to bed when I thought the Celts were losing it.  I was proved correct.

Today, Tyler has driving lessons around noon and a Crew party off in East Jesus somewhere late afternoon; Marisa has a soccer game at 4:30 and Mitch probably has something to do as well.  It's a busy family, weekend and weekday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...