Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hazy and Warm on the Lake

5:48

6:03

Climbing clematis, Sea wave petunias, Chinese Seven Son's Tree, Garnet Japanese maple, and Spring Anemones
Up at 5:45 to a warm morning, 66 degrees, more heat to come!  A few fishermen are out, casting under the docks, for bass, and the lake is a pale gray, the sky overcast, though the sun burned through for a few minutes around 6:15.  High in the 80's today, perhaps higher tomorrow, with a chance of thunder storms.

Not much to say about yesterday, a lost day as far as I was concerned.  I went to Akron General Hospital for an MRI, some thing I have every few years to make sure my enlarged aorta remains stabilized.  It took up most of the day, as I left about 11:00, stopped at Trader Joe's to pick up a few items before the MRI.  Funny story...my daughter Beth told me about how good Himalayan salt is for you...put it on your food just before eating it.  Well, I went to TJ's in Darien...they were out of it, but it was coming in tomorrow.  Unfortunately, we were leaving town.  So I didn't get any.  When I went to TJ's on Chagrin, I asked one of the workers for it,  and he said, o, yea, it's over here.  Well the shelf was empty.  He went back to check and said the trucks were late, and it was coming in later in the  day.  Thus, no Himalayan salt again.  Rats.


The MRI was easy, much quicker then other times, in and out in less than an hour, and less claustrophobic,  as  I listened to Glenn Hansard on Pandora, who wrote the song track and starred in one of my favorite movies, ONCE .  Three hours later, about 7:00,  I was back at the lake.  What a  wasted day.  How good to be back.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...