Friday, June 15, 2012

Another Spectacular Morning on the Lake

6:21

Spring Anemones

Sea Wave Petunias
I never get tired of waking up to the lake, its changing shapes, day by day, season by season.  June mornings, like late September mornings, may be my favorite.  The green of June is so rich, the variations of it vibrant and fecund.  Fall, of course, is the colors of changing leaves, the browns, reds, yellows, and its variation.  A bit warmer this morning, about 56, as the days get warmer towards the weekend and, of  course, longer as we head to the summer solstice in a week.  Yesterday morning was the first in awhile where I was up before the sun.  It rises at 5:40 so I better get up early to see it.

I had my final breakfast we the boys yesterday at the Bemus Point Inn, as we suspend our breakfast for the summer because most of us are busy with families, or the CI.  We even seemed to run out of things to say, which is unusual so maybe its good to take a respite.  Joe is heading off to Jerusalem for two weeks, an exciting trip.  His son works in the Consulate there, so he will have a guide making all the difference.  After breakfast, instead of heading home, I parked my bike and rode Bemus and Long Point like the day before.  It was a perfect morning for a ride, cool and breezy, as I hardly worked up a sweat.  Unfortunately, I took the back trail through the woods and forgot how hilly it was, so I ended up having to walk my bike for about five minutes, as it was too much.  The ride down was wild, though, as  I hit my breaks constantly to avoid breaking my neck on a tree root.  It's a lovely ride through the woods and the past two days, I have been the only one in the woods, on the park trails for that matter.

I then headed over to Ron's to help him with his dock.  Heavy winds had created problems with a head board, so we had to pry it off and re nail it, an easy job for the two of us, together we are about 1/16th of a handy man.  I then stopped at the Lighthouse, picked up a hoagie and rotisserie chicken for dinner, and headed back to the lake.  It was such a beautiful day that neither Evie nor I did much other than relax on the dock.  Evie did some lake weeding early, when I was biking, and cut the lawn, again, in early afternoon.  And I did some lake weeding, after working up a sweat reading on the dock.  But that was about it for the day.  Today may be similar, though I have to drop my car off this morning at a glass company.  We picked up a stone on our windshield coming back from Darien.  It spread overnight to a two foot crack, so I have to get a new windshield.  Fortunately, it's covered by insurance.

An easy dinner of chicken, salad, and roasted corn and cauliflower finished off the day.  Another cool night for sleeping made it perfect.

Tonight, we are heading to the Yazzou Festival, at the local Albanian Orthodox Church.  Greek dancing and gyros on a cool Jamestown evening sounds good.  We hope to see our good friends, the Cassells from Hudson, there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...